Thyroid Disorders Community
thyroiditis

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

thyroiditis

hi, i have thyroiditis and although i have high antibodies present in my blood tests show my t3 & t4's are within the normal range, i tend to suffer from hot and cold flushes and from tiredness and moodeness to name a few symptoms. another thing that happens is that my thyroid gland swells then goes down again.... the right side of my thyroid gland is larger than the other but my doctor has said nothing to worry about there. i was wondering if their is other people who have this too and if they know of any way to stop the hot/cold flushes as i live in a hot climate and i have nearly fainted because of over heating. also do you get salt cravings???? and is this hashimotos thyroiditis?
When you say normal range, what are the exact results with the ranges please?  Normal range doesn't mean normal, especially for hashimoto patients. When my levels are optimal, I have extreme issues with body temps and need the extra salt as well.
A Hashi patient needs to be in the most optimal ranges to help control symptoms from the antibodies.
Are your T3 and T4, free or total?  

Which antibody tests were done?  Please post any tests you've have, along with results and the lab's reference ranges, since these are lab specific.

It's not uncommon for some with Hashi's to have labs in the "normal" range on the lab report.  The problem is that these levels may not be "normal" for your body.