Thyroid Disorders Community
to all help with levoth symtoms(symptoms)

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

hi has anyone noticed that if there taking levoth and there made by different companys that they get different symtoms (symptoms) ie more joint pains swollen belly burping all the time sleeping problems and mood swings.
Different manufacturers use different fillers (inactive ingredients) in their tablets.  Some people are sensitive to these and can feel much better just by switching brand.  It's always best, once you find something that works well for you, to stick with it.  Consistency is very important.  While some people do very well on generics, your pharmacy can change it's generic manufacturer at any time without warning and without notice.  That's the argument usually used for taking a brand name.  
thanks and there me thinking i am going mad when i said this to the chemist he said i dont think so but as i said i am willing to try to get rid of these symtoms (symptoms) sometime it just feel like no one wants to lisen so far so good belly has gone down a bit and my joint pains are a little better oh and i love coffee but have cut down on this too and try not to drink it with milk to much as i said it trail and error till i find out what is going on with my body
can any one tell me what are filler and how do you find out about whats in them

The manufacturer's name should be on your prescription bottle.  You'd have to call them to find out what fillers/binders they use for that particular medication.
Sometimes ingredients are listed on the manufacturer's website.

Fillers (or "binders") are the ingredients they put into pills to make them stay in pill form.  They are the inactive ingredients.

It might be simpler to just go back to the first meds you were on that didn't have the side effects.
two side effects of hypothyroid that will never go away with levothyroxine are water retention and dry skin.  don't know if you have a problem with either of those symptoms.
I disagree that water retention and dry skin NEVER go away with levothyroxine.  My dry skin was one of the FIRST symptoms that went away when I started on synthyroid right after dx.  Water retention comes and goes, depending on other things; it's not always thyroid related.
I disagree.  I've been on levothyroxine for years, and I have NO hypo symptoms.  Water retention was one of the first to disappear.  Twenty-five pounds dropped off without even trying and the swollen ankles and feet trimmed back down.

We're all different, and what works for one doesn't work for another.  There are no across-the-board rules, nor is any one med a panacea.  Beware of anyone touting a one-size-fits all therapy.  
thanks all i am still getting the symtoms (symptoms) on and off but it seems to be settling down for now i have been using dermol 500  thats help with dry skin,my belly swells some days and i have joint pains most times when i wake up.
Sometimes we have good days and sometimes we have bad days.  The trick is to get to the point where the good days far outweigh the bad ones.

Joint pain upon waking could be caused by arthritis vs thyroid.
True Barb the bad days are getting me down I have been tested for arthritis and other stuff but they have not found anythink which, is good but the pains in my joints get bad my doctor gave me amitriptline its not much help so i stopped taking them. sleeping pills help but he dont want me to use them that much he gave me 14 tamazepam but said that he wont give them to me all the time but it does help me sleep and i wake up better.