Thyroid Disorders Community
too many symtoms(symptoms), no diagnosis, please help

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Hello it's me again.  Let me give you the short story from the beginning.  Any help anyone could provide would be helpful.  I feel awful all the time.  I am a 29yr old female and been chubby since I was 5.  I am on meds for acne, high blood pressure, constant diahrea (IBS), high triglycerides, OCD, heartburn, migraines, and 2 different allergy meds and today I got my blood test results back.  My endo thinks my goiter is from Hashimotos and ran more blood work even though my TSH is fine.  A month ago it measured 0.9 and today it was 0.5.  I didn't get the numbers from my t3's and t4's but the nurse said they were all normal.  However, I have a Vitamin D deficiency.  What causes that?  The nurse told me not getting in the sun enough.  I am outside alot and love to be outside.  So yet another symtom.  My TSH was off 5 years ago and the doc did a thyroid uptake and a gall bladder scan and my gall bladder was only working 1%.  So my gall bladder was removed.  Unfortunately I still  have to take questran to stop constant diahrea and stomach aches.  So now one more medicine and still not a cause.  I don't go back to the endo for 6 months and that is just to check on my goiter that nobody knows how it got there.  I am overweight as I am 5'6 and weigh 250 lbs.  I am working hard at trying to lose weight now since my doctor put me on a diet because my triglycerides were 900.  Is all of this from just being overweight?  
It is your right as a patient to get those FT3/FT4 levels. Please call your doctor and get the levels. What one doctor says is 'normal' may not be normal at all!

Also,have you had a thyroid antibodies bloodtest? The tests are called the TGab and Anti-TPO. These are important in detecting Hashimoto's.

The nurse can give the blood results to you by phone. Post those levels here, and we can better assist you.

I have Hashimoto's, which causes Vitamin D deficiency, high cholesterol, etc...

Too many doctors treat the TSH and ignore the FT4/FT3. TSH is a pituitary hormone, and doesn't tell the whole thyroid story. My first three endos did not treat my Hashimoto's, and they let it lag on. I became worse until I thought I was dying.

New studies show that Hashimoto's should be treated even if levels are 'normal'. See the link below:
http://thyroid.about.com/od/hypothyroidismhashimotos/a/preventative.htm

:) Tamra