too many symtoms, no diagnosis, please help
Hello it's me again.  Let me give you the short story from the beginning.  Any help anyone could provide would be helpful.  I feel awful all the time.  I am a 29yr old female and been chubby since I was 5.  I am on meds for acne, high blood pressure, constant diahrea (IBS), high triglycerides, OCD, heartburn, migraines, and 2 different allergy meds and today I got my blood test results back.  My endo thinks my goiter is from Hashimotos and ran more blood work even though my TSH is fine.  A month ago it measured 0.9 and today it was 0.5.  I didn't get the numbers from my t3's and t4's but the nurse said they were all normal.  However, I have a Vitamin D deficiency.  What causes that?  The nurse told me not getting in the sun enough.  I am outside alot and love to be outside.  So yet another symtom.  My TSH was off 5 years ago and the doc did a thyroid uptake and a gall bladder scan and my gall bladder was only working 1%.  So my gall bladder was removed.  Unfortunately I still  have to take questran to stop constant diahrea and stomach aches.  So now one more medicine and still not a cause.  I don't go back to the endo for 6 months and that is just to check on my goiter that nobody knows how it got there.  I am overweight as I am 5'6 and weigh 250 lbs.  I am working hard at trying to lose weight now since my doctor put me on a diet because my triglycerides were 900.  Is all of this from just being overweight?  
It is your right as a patient to get those FT3/FT4 levels. Please call your doctor and get the levels. What one doctor says is 'normal' may not be normal at all!

Also,have you had a thyroid antibodies bloodtest? The tests are called the TGab and Anti-TPO. These are important in detecting Hashimoto's.

The nurse can give the blood results to you by phone. Post those levels here, and we can better assist you.

I have Hashimoto's, which causes Vitamin D deficiency, high cholesterol, etc...

Too many doctors treat the TSH and ignore the FT4/FT3. TSH is a pituitary hormone, and doesn't tell the whole thyroid story. My first three endos did not treat my Hashimoto's, and they let it lag on. I became worse until I thought I was dying.

New studies show that Hashimoto's should be treated even if levels are 'normal'. See the link below:
http://thyroid.about.com/od/hypothyroidismhashimotos/a/preventative.htm

:) Tamra