Thyroid Disorders Community
tpo results

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

tpo results

i resently had labs done at my dr's office and my tsh , t3, t4  were all normal however my tpo was not it was 354 with the normal range 0-34 what could this mean ?

This discussion is related to Throid Peroxidase (TPO) test question....
Tags: TPO
It most likely means that you have an autoimmune thyroid disease, either Hashimoto's thyroiditis (hypo) or Graves' disease (hyper).  It can take years or even decades for the antibodies to compromise thyroid function enough to cause FT3, FT4 and TSH levels to go out of range and to cause symptoms.

How do you feel?

Also, please post actual T3 and T4 results with reference ranges from your own lab report (ranges vary lab to lab).  Often, just being "in range" is not sufficient.

Why did your doctor test thyroid hormones and antibodies?
Get an Endocrinologist and Immunologist. I am certain it is Hashimoto's Thyroiditis. However, you need to be evaluated for all other endocrine possibilities: Diabetes, Growth Hormone issues, Lipid issues, PCOS, Hypoaldostroneism, and Prolactin Levels.

I hope you have found your answer and treatment since then