tsh 3rd generation levels
I had a tsh 3rd generation test done and the results were1.747 mcIU/ml. What is the normal level? and what does 3rd generation mean. Are there other tsh tests that can be done?
Third generation relates to it being the latest and most sensitive test for TSH.  The new reference range for TSH is .3-3.0, so your result is slightly above midpoint.  There aren't any better tests for TSH, but you should be aware that if you were being tested for a potential thyroid problem, there are other tests that are more important, in my opinion.  These would be free T3 and free T4.  Free T3 is the most biologically active thyroid hormone.  It is four times as potent as T4 and correlates best with symptoms.  TSH does not correlate well with symptoms.
What are the symptoms. Here are mine. I have a huge increase in my wieght, I can not sleep at night. I have just recently been put on celexa for depression. Tired, no energy, just no want to do anything.

While there are numerous things that can contribute to such symptoms, more extensive testing for thyroid would be a good place to start.  Specifically I would request that you be tested for the "Frees"  (FT3 and FT4) that I mentioned above.