under jaw line
Does anyone else have pain from time to time under jaw line and sometimes on the sides of my neck and it looks like one side is puffed out ..I cannot feel anything really thought I felt a small knot but Husband said "no" ...or he was just saying that..has anyone experienced this before. thanks-Pam
Yes right now!  One gland was swollen the other morning and that side of the neck, too!  I felt and felt and felt to be certain no huge nodule (as I have a 3mm "stable" one on other side of thyroid) and then I realized it was from ragweed allergies that are in season now .. that is what I think in my case!  My left lymph node is swollen again this AM .. .what I don't like is that it is the "left" side vs. the "right" side bcz the right side has no thyroid there ...

In your case, you have no thyroid ... could it be allergies???

Although, I am not super allergic, I do get some sinus woes from ragweed.

Cheryl
Hey Cheryl: Yeah I do not really have allerigies but one never knows anymore. Thanks Take Care
Hi, yes I always get pain under my jawline and it comes and goes and it can be on the right side or left side.  It seems like the whole side of the neck gets puffy and sore.  I went to an endo. about it, because I've had a lot of discomfort and is somewhat painful when I swallow and it radiates up to the ear.  I currently have Hashimotos disease.  They ran a thyroid ultrasound and also an ultrasound of the soft tissues in the neck.  It has been 2 weeks since my test, and still no word on the results.  Apparantly, the nurse said my dr. was on vacation.  The dr. had also thought it was more than likely Thyroiditis that I've experienced due to delivering my baby in Feb. and she also increased my thyroid dosage.  Hopefully that will help.  Have you seen a dr. about your jawline pain?

- Kersten
no because I just had TT for cancer in June and RAI in July
I had that and freaked out and no one seemed to listen to me.  Had a bunch of test.  An ultrasound the doc thought he saw some lymph nodes, but did a body scan showed nothing.  No one really talked to me about it so I decided to go to a GP that I have never seen before and start at the beginning.  He pulled my charts and went over everything with me.  Said the lymph nodes were slightly swollen, but that could be from a minor virus.  He said he thought that I had some inflammation around my carotid artery on my right side and that I should take 2 generic aleve two times a day.  It has seemed to help.  I don't know if this is what everyone else has, but I thought I'd share.
i just started havig some slight pain under my jaw line i dont what it is its not throbbing but its irritating alot of the time what to do???
It is your glands ..usually a build up of fluid.