underactive thyroid and high triglycerides and bloodwork results
I am 26 years old and have an underactive thyroid that was just removed..they performed a total thyroidectomy november of last year.I have recently learned that I had hashimotos disease,and only found this out by looking at my pathology reports from the surgery.I recently had bloodwork and the results were that my triglycerides were at 263 but my overall cholesterol was fine..I am currently taking fish oil - 1,000 mg and was taking it twice daily but it was recently increased to three times daily.Free T3 was 3.9 and Free T4 was 1.6 total TSH was 0.06.I stay active but am midly overweight.can anyone give any suggestions on how to get my triglycerides down? they told me to cut out startches but that was all they told me
Definately need to focus on what you are consuming and exercise. If that doesn't work, then maybe you can find a supplement at your local healthfood store to help regulate these levels naturally.