very high Thyroid antibodies
I am a 32 year old female recently diagnosed with Hashimoto's.  My TSH is a four which is in the normal range but the dr. would like to see it at a 2.  My thyroid antibodies were 2279!!!  I am reading othr people worried about levles in the hundreds.  I have been living with Primary Pulmonary Hypertension since the birth of my daughter 5 1/2 years ago.  I was tested for lupus and it was a really low positive.  At the time, since nothing besides the pph was consistent with lupus and because I had just given birth, lupus was ruled out as a cause for the Pulmonary Hypertension.  Could these two be related?  I am repeating the lupus test.  What does an extraordinarily high thyroid antibodies level indicate?  
An extraordinarily high antibody count means an auto-immune thyroid disorder.

Probably Hashimoto's in a very early stage, from the TSH level. You are slightly Hypothyroid at the moment.

What antibody was it? TPOab (Thyroid Peroxidase antibodies)?

I don't know if there is a link between Hypothyroidism and Pulmonary Hypertension or not. I'll have to read up on it.

I probably have it. LOL!
I read up on it.
I don't have it, and I'm sorry you do.
I hope you don't take offense at my last remark.

I have some heart problems of an unknown extent right now.

I'm not sure if there is a link, but nothing would surprise me about thyroid problems anymore. Thyroid disease can cause all sorts of changes in the body.
No offense taken.  Pulmonary hypertension is quite rare, which is why I'm always searching for the potential cause.  It was TPOab, yes that's it.  I was just surprised at how high that was given the "normal" range.  
My TPOab is around 1,250.
1,250 is pretty high.
2,279 is major.

I have seen test results up close to 4,000, but you are plenty high. Unfortunately, those antibodies are going to eat away at your thyroid. The more you have, the faster they damage your gland. The faster they damage your thyroid, the harder it is to keep you on a correct dosage of medication.

You are not going to be one of the lucky ones that goes through life with a slight dosage increase every ten years.

Make sure your doctor is willing to test your TSH and Free T4 every three months, even after you're TSH is back down around 2.0. With a TPOab that high, things can go along fine for a while and then get out of hand quickly.

Best of luck to you.