Thyroid Disorders Community
weight loss with thyroxine
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

weight loss with thyroxine

I read somewhere that some Hollywood stars take thyroxine to keep their weight low!?? Is this true and does taking a little extra thyroxine help me to lose some weight, provided I do it for a short limited period of time?
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
I'm sure that's true.  But since Hollywood stars are nutty anyways, anything they say or do should be ignored.

Any legitimate source will tell you:  Never take thyroid meds for the purpose of losing weight.  Not only is it ineffective, it can be dangerous.
Blank
149081_tn?1242401432
I'm offended when people use this as a magic pill to lose weight, hollywood or not!

Hollywood folks have $$$$ therefore teams of doctors, dieticians, physical trainers, etc. they aren't losing weight by any 1 magic pill!

Blank
536100_tn?1288199434
Someone without a thyroid problem might lose weight with thyroid meds, but they are setting themselves up for possibly damaging their thyroid glands in the process. Most of of who are hypothyroid and need thyroid meds know the meds are not a magic answer to weight loss. Only a small few lose weight with the thyroid meds. For most of us, all the meds do is stop the weight gain and hopefully allow us to lose weight with diet and exercise.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Thyroid Disorders Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Control Emotional Eating with this ...