what to expect from endocronologist appointment
my primary dr. agreed to send me to an endo. I am on 25mg levothyroxine. the only numbers i know is my tsh was 3.87. i have a full hour consultation sheduled with endo. any advice? since being on levothyroxine for about 7 weeks the only think i notice is that my aches are less, is this a symptom. no weight loss, tho, i am a small person that has gained 30 lbs over last 3 years or so. any advice for questions, or what i should do before i go, or what to expect. i have no idea what a endocronogist does. i am 53, thru menopause, and i cant loose weight for anything. my mom has a thryroid issue and has been on 50mg levo. for 15 years. any help would be appreciated. are aches and pains a symptom of thyroid issues?
i also left off that my cholesterol has skyrocked and so has my blood pressure (always had low low pressure) my husbands numbers have all gotten better while i contimue to get worse. i have read that low blood pressure is for hypothyroidism, i have every other symptom except the blood pressure. whats with that?
Hi there.....everyone's hypo symptoms will vary. The new TSH ranges are .30-3.0 so you are hypo. You also need to have your Free T4 and Free T3 levels checked with your TSH. Very important to get a complete picture of what is going on with your thyroid. You should also have all the antibody testing done for hashimoto's autoimmune thyroid disease.
Testing should be done every 6 weeks until optimum levels are reached.
If you have hashimoto's, then you need to have your tsh supressed to between a .50-1.0 in order for your body to heal and to rid yourself of hypo symptoms.