what would happen if we have No thyroid and take no medication
what would happen if we have No thyroid and take no medication...I m just curious

Is it possible to live without a thyroid but not  a parathyroid?

I was just wondering what would happen if the above statement is true..

I always thought u cannot liv without a thyroid

Hi there,

You would die You can live without a thyroid but you need to be on thyroid med the rest of of life

Google hyppothyroid symptoms and see what you come up with .
Parathyroid I am not so famiiar with but I am sure there will be other posters that are

BTW I am throidless for going on 3 years now and I am doing fine. I have to tweaked my med dose now and then but I have tried to educate myself as much as possible so I know what to to now to keep tabs on my health

Love Venora

Thanks for the answer i thought... so i was going thru another form not thyroid form and someone pointed out that you would be fine if u dont have a thyroid but die if u dont have a parathyroid...

I know how you feel...i am thyroid less and cancer free since 2007
Another way you need to look at this is, you are taking the thyroid medicine in order
to keep your tsh suppressed. My doctor explained that, having had thyroid cancer,
it must be suppressed so that the cancer has less chance of recurring. He said
that it is my "anti-cancer" drug. I had one parathyroid removed, and as far as I
understand, the main role of the parathyroid glands is to process calcium. Without
them, our bodies do not absorb the calcium. So, with only 3 out of the 4 I used
to have, I must take calcium supplements, which is a good idea for everyone
regardless of how many parathyroid glands they have :) I have read a few things
on the parathyroid gland and it seems that hypoparathyroid symptoms are
very similar to hypothyroid symptoms, so, it's all confusing!
Yep. You are correct.  Death with no thyroid or thyroid meds.  I never even knew what a thyroid did until 2 yrs ago.  It's really one of those organs that you don't know much about unless it goes bad I think.

C~
I 2nd that ChitChat !
I too, never knew what a thyroid did for our bodies until I got really sick.
Hi Venora, My name is Kim and I have had no thyroid for 7 years now. I do okay, but I experience terrible cramps or muscle tighening around my rib cage like you get when you jog too long . I was wondering if you ever experience this. they come alot and occur many time over an hour or so, then pass and return later. Anyway, i am trying to figure why I do this and it has only been since the thyroid removal, Thank you for any information Kim
Damn I'm on thyroid medicine and feel like death.  I can't imagine not being on anything...  
Are you on thyroid medication?  If not, why?  You will eventually die if you don't take it.  If you have current labs, please post them, so we can help assess your situation and comment more fully.

Bruce -- your TT is too new; you're too impatient; you have to give it time. Better days are coming, if you stay the course.  
Years ago my aunt removed her thyroid and was never given any meds. Today she is 76, has slight dementia, 5' 1" weighs 110 lbs,  got Gray in her late 50's .
You've attached to a thread that is 6 years old, so most of the previous posters are no longer active on the forum.

Your aunt must not have had her entire thyroid removed if she's never been on thyroid replacement med.  Thyroid hormones control metabolism, heart rate, body temperature and other body functions, so one simply can't live for an extended period without thyroid hormones.