why still have palpitations
History: Started lifting weights, and was a incredibly fit athlete from 14-20 years old, really low body fat, strong, i could do it all, point is i was very fit, worked out all the time.

Age 20 i got subacute silent thyroidtitis, went through 4 months of hyperthyroidism, then 2 months of hypothyroidism after the damage was done, now it is under control with 100 mcg a day. last tsh was 1.16

My question:  So i worked out and was fit athlete for 6 years then had to stop cold turkey because my heart would be so hard when i was hyperthyroid.  After 8 months of no working out i start back up again and my heart still beats extremely hard after doing a set of any exercise, i know i'm not in the same shape as i used to be, but i also know i shouldn't be able to pick out my S1and S2 just standing still without a steth.  I have no SOB, dyspnea, of course i breath hard from the working out part, but no dizziness or anything, i had echo and holtor done and all came back showing normal, this was done at the start of my hypothyroidism though. I asked my endo and he always blows it off as me being used to working out.  The odd thing was when i was hypothyroid i had these weird palpiations where if i sat for a long time and stood up i would get the strongest heart beats i ever felt but they would be really slow like 58bpm.
I still get those odd slow hard beats, not skipping beats, just normal beats except feeling like there is a horse heart in me.  they will happen sometimes if i stretch randomly.

My point is, should i go see a cardiologist because when i'm working out i never go intense because i feel my heart will blow up or something. I do get a skipped beat feeling every now and then.
I just don't understand how i went from being able to run a minimarathon and bench 350, to thyroid disease and now it seems like i'll never get back to running without my heart beating so hard i feel it in my NECK and throat.

I'm just concerned because it makes no sense no matter how i research it, beating extremely hard but not fast and can be normal one second then slow hard beats the next.

Sorry for the long post, but the history was needed
Any advice?
Go see a cardiologist. They are more educated in this area.  Don't forget to tell the cardio your thyroid history.  It might be nothing, yet it might be someting, but best to know for sure and be treated appropriately.  Plus it should ease your mind.

Good luck and Happy Holidays  -

GL,
My information is from reading material gathered from reputable sources, my 20 years of personal experience and as a thyroid patient.