Thyroid Disorders Community
wieght gain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

wieght gain

I have been taking ptu meds for 3 months now and I have been steadily gaining wieght. I do lots of cardio and watch what I eat but I still keep gaining wieght. Im starting to get alarmed about this because the wieght isnt coming off with diet and exercize plus I do not over eat and Im very very active
How are your thyoid levels??? The levels can play a part in the weight gaining issue.
the last time I went to the doctor my levels were normal between 4 and 12 mine were 5 when my thyroid was overactive I couldnt keep any wieght at all on no matter what I did. Now its just the opposite no matter what I do the wieght is just gaining and gaining and I dont know what to do to stay at a normal healthy wieght
You obviously go between hyper and hypo for whatever reason..Were you diagnosed with a thyroid condition (grave's...hashi's)??? There is something going on with your levels somewhere...by chance, do you have a copy of your lab work so that you can post here with the ranges???
yes i have been diagnosed with graves disease. no i dont know how to get the labs. i had xrays on my thyroid and was told that it is very abnormal. my doctor said it was extremly fast. at the time my pulse was like 114 a minute, but since ive been taking the ptu meds my pulse is like 60 a minute
If there is weight gain going on the thyroid hormone most likely is too low due to the PTU's... How long have you been on it?

Get the lab sheet. Your ranges of 4-12 don't make much sense. Getting those will help alot.