Thyroids Gone User Group
HAIR!!
About This Group:

For those that have had a Total or Partial Thyroidectomy and the recovery that happens after the surgery. Getting one's life back, sharing in the ups and downs once our thyroid is gone.

Founded by MyBestAlways on October 1, 2009
36 members

HAIR!!

Hi Everyone and Anyone, I had a very good doctor who was watching my levels for 2 yrs. It was always on the high side but within normal range. Last July during my yearly physical the blood work came back above high normal range. She ordered a ulta sound or scan and then being honest with me sent me to UW Madson Hospital in Madison, WI.  She was not comfortable with the locals. So with that I was seen by an endocrinologist who did a FNA or biopsy with no cancerous cells. I had a large nodule of 4.5cm. Being me I said I wanted it out! September 17th, 2010 they removed the left "wing and body" of my thyroid. My levels were checked 6 weeks later, a little low so was prescribed Levothyroxine 25mc or m something, anyway the lowest dose. December 27th blood work came back normal, smack dab in the middle of normal. For so long my biggest complaint was heat intolerance and irratability and then severe hair loss. I had alot of hair so I guess I looked normal but to me I knew I wasn't. This may sound vain and I don't care but I want my hair back!! The loss has slowed some but does anyone out there know when it starts to grow back again? Also to those who want to ask me anything please feel free since I'm not posting everything I went through so I'm here and you're out there and we're all here to help.  Thanks.
redheadaussie Breath testing today. BORIN... Comment
Oct 17
primo2 joined this group
Welcome them!
Oct 01
capewind commented on capewind's status
Apr 25