Thyroids Gone User Group
no thyoid and weight loss
About This Group:

For those that have had a Total or Partial Thyroidectomy and the recovery that happens after the surgery. Getting one's life back, sharing in the ups and downs once our thyroid is gone.

Founded by MyBestAlways on October 1, 2009
36 members

no thyoid and weight loss

I have had my thyoid removed 6 yrs ago. and shortly after i noticed weight gain. and ive tryed to lose weight through out the yrs but it has been a battle! i was curious  if anyone else deals wioth this problem?
1 Comment
Yes...I go both up and down with my weight. I had the whole bow-tie, both my thyroid and isthmus removed because of cancer in 2003.

The only thing that has been helpful to me is having my Thyroid Panel done (TSH, Free T3 & Free T4) to make sure that my levels were as close to normal as possible. If they get too far off then we adjust my thyroid hormones.

I don't know if this is correct...but I've been told that because I only have one parathyroid that my levels will never be normal. They will always be slightly off. So I really try to compensate with nutrition and exercise.

I hope this helps.  :)
redheadaussie Number 3 of 4 yesterday. ON... Comment
Oct 22
primo2 joined this group
Welcome them!
Oct 01
capewind commented on capewind's status
Apr 25