Thyroids Gone User Group
partial tyroid removal...
About This Group:

For those that have had a Total or Partial Thyroidectomy and the recovery that happens after the surgery. Getting one's life back, sharing in the ups and downs once our thyroid is gone.

Founded by MyBestAlways on October 1, 2009
36 members

partial tyroid removal...

Hi all
I am due to have the left half of my thyroid removed on Jan 29th because of a few nodules one of which is quite large.  I was wondering who out there has had thyroid surgery and how it went and what happens pre and post surgery as Im a little nervous...things I am wondering include recovery times and how my voice and neck are going to feel afterwards.  The surgeon has explained the operation quite well but I am curious about how other people felt and what other people went through after having this surgery, and most importantly how bad will the scaring be and does vitamin E cream and/or Bio Oil help with minimising the scar.

Any information will be helpful and appreciated...oh, im 19.

Thanks, Natalie.
1 Comment
just saw this post...how did the surgery go?
redheadaussie Number 3 of 4 yesterday. ON... Comment
primo2 joined this group
Welcome them!
Oct 01
capewind commented on capewind's status
Apr 25