7 yr old son bein told he might have tourette's
my 7 yr old son had an eeg done today and his right twitches worse and his right leg is dragging and it seems like he can help it or control it can some one explain this to me he was not sedated during the eeg
I hope I am understanding your question. You said that "its seems like he can help it or control it". I think you are asking how he is able to consciously control his tics when he wants even though he may be diagnosed with Tourette's. I have had mild to moderate motor and vocal tics for about 17 years. First, it is important to understand that Tourette's is a neurological disorder that centers around feelings of anxiety. Tics are not completely involuntary movements. This can be somewhat confusing because people ask, "If it's not involuntary, why can't you just stop?". If in fact your son does have Tourette's, what he is feeling is uncontrollable urges that eminate from certain areas of his body. These urges are often very specific, the person feels a need to complete a movement in a very particular manner in order to satisfy the urge. In turn, the uncontrollable urges create a strong feeling of anxiety. This anxiety can only be satisfied by completing the tic. So, what I am getting at is your son is able to consciously control his tics for a short period of time. During this time his anxiety increases and at some point becomes unbearable. You may notice that following times of tic supression, your son may follow it up with a release of many tics in rapid succession. Lastly, if your son does have Tourette's, it will be helpful to him to keep any external stressor to a minimum and preferably seek help in the future to cope with stress.

I hope this is helpful and I hope your son gets the help he needs.