Tourette Syndrome Community
Adderall and Tics

This is a patient support community for discussion relating to Tourette syndryome.

Adderall and Tics

My son has been put on adderall (adderrall) for ADD.  He has been on it for 3 months now.  It is helping greatly at school with his focus but 1 month into taking it, he developed eye rolling and widening of his eyes.  We took him off of it on Christmas break and the tics subsided for the most part.  I started him back on them when he returned to school and now he has a different tic with his mouth and neck.  Is this going to worsen if I keep him on adderall (adderrall) since it is clearly bringing them on?  Will it go away after some time? Is the 5mg he takes of adderall (adderrall) worth the tics?  I don't like what it's doing to him.  Thank you.
not too sure but try coffee with him   and see a your local doctor could be alergic (allergic)