Tourette Syndrome Community
Can you get tourettes again?

This is a patient support community for discussion relating to Tourette syndryome.

Can you get tourettes again?

Hello my name is Sam, I am 20 years old. I used to have tourettes when I was younger, probably like 4 or 5 years old. I always just thought it was an itch in my neck and I sort of remember going to the doctor for it, eventually it stopped and a couple years passed, I later found out that it was tourettes when I was old enough to understand it. But anyways I was just wondering if it's possible for it to come back? I'm not having any symptoms or anything, just sometimes I worry that it can come back again
It dosn't go away. You will always have it. Now weather the signs of it are obvious or not is another story. For me it comes in the form of OCD and ADD the most. So I only have a few ticks so unless I told you I had tourettes you probably wouldn't know. So your probaly in a kinda recessive state so your coping at this time. So yeah at any time it could be triggered and take on some tick and it might not be the same one.
hah why so negative, if you are suffering from it don't put your convictions on someone who has recovered. go pick up a copy of awaken the giant by anthony robbins. seem like by putting ppl on your level it would make you feel less alone and not so pathetic but it serve the opposite purpose