Tourette Syndrome Community
Could this be something other than Tourette's?

This is a patient support community for discussion relating to Tourette syndryome.

Around January 2009 I noticed that I had begun "twitching" once in a while.  It began with a shoulder tic that would happen maybe once a week or so (something I could hide from others) and has progressed to full-body spasms that can last from 20 minutes to almost 2 hours at a time.  I went to the Neurologist and had an MRI, EEG and blood work done and was told that I have Tourette's...this is unusual because I am 27 years old.  I never had tics as a child.  During my teenage years I did occasionally have the sensation that now occurs with my tics (if you have a tic syndrome I'm sure you know what I'm talking about) but I never had a movement problem.  I am taking Clonidine, which is supposed to suppress my OCD and tics, but it does not work.  I've been taking it for about 2 months now and it seemed to be working the first 2-3 weeks but after that my tics just got worse.  I can't hide it from others now and the other night while driving I was hit with an especially bad episode and had to pull over so my husband could drive while I thrashed around in the passenger seat.  I have constant headaches from my head snapping back and my back is sore from jerking so much.

I guess my question would be:  Since my tics have progressed and I did not have this problem until now, could this be something other than Tourette's?  Should I be looking for a second opinion?  

I anyone has any information that could help me please respond.