Tourette Syndrome Community
How long after head injury can Tourettes occur
About This Community:

This is a patient support community for discussion relating to Tourette syndryome.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

How long after head injury can Tourettes occur

My 9 year old son was hit by a car when he was 2.  He was treated and monitored at our University Hospital and was released after a nights stay.  He did have a head injury but we were told all was OK.  We now believe he is showing signs of Tourettes.  There is no Tourettes in our family.  Could he have developed Tourettes 7 years later from the head injury?  And if so, does it change anything as far as treatment or expected outcome?
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
698391_tn?1229402896
ummm...no...tourettes syndrome is a hereditary disease that will run in the family..for example...my father had tourettes as well as a cousin in my family has tourettes. i now too have a severe case of tourettes.i was diagnosed at the age of 10 and have done nothing but gotten worse.
a small head injury will not cause a child or adult to contract tourettes a day later much less 7 years later! to have tourettes one or more parent or someone in the family line must carry the gene... so if u had tourettes but your husband didnt it would be a 50% chance your son would inherit TS.. i am now 31 and dealing w/ alot concerning my TS. to the point i need brain surgery...
you are more then welcome to email me about anything further at ***@****  
have a good nite......
Blank
698391_tn?1229402896
sorry about that its briecookie4u at yahoo com
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now