Tourette Syndrome Community
Off and on Tics
About This Community:

This is a patient support community for discussion relating to Tourette syndryome.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Off and on Tics

My son developed an eye blinking tic when my husband took on a new job and started working really long hours in January 2008 (just turned 3).  It lasted about a month and was off and on.  A couple of months later, when he started t-ball, he did the blink one time and didn't see anything again for about 4 months.  I don't remember the stress factor, but he suddenly developed a throat clearing tic that lasted about a month and went away.  January 2010, my husband went back to work after a 6 month layoff and the throat tic is back with a vengence!  My pediatriction doesn't seemed the least bit concerned because the tics seem to only come with high levels of stress or change and they went away completely for 7-8 months at a time.  This time the throat tic has been going on for 2 months straight. It has already been a year of change; new job, my sister is pregnant, he is being disciplined more at karate and I have panic disorder which I believe he probably picks up on my panic.

Do you think this is more of a nervous tic, or signs of more?  I appreciate your thoughts.