Tourette Syndrome Community
Other people with Tourette's/PANDAS please answer this!

This is a patient support community for discussion relating to Tourette syndryome.

I want to see if anyone else feels like this...

Whenever I shake my head and stuff (tics), it feels almost like I'm doing it. Instead of it being an involuntary movement it feels like I'm doing it but I'm still forced to do it. Is this the same for everyone?
Yes it is. I have lived with it all my life and i understand why you ask. Its frustrating to not be able to NOT shake your head. Its like a itch that you have to scratch. When I got older i was able to control it better. Trust me when i say you are not alone.
I am the same way.  It's hard because you feel like you should be able to control it, but you can't.  
That's exactly how it feels to me, an insane itch that needs to be scratched.
I can hold it off at times, but that can sometimes lead me to a bout of twitching later.
I think this is what often surprises people when I tell them.
It's not a muscle spasm.
take care
r
Same. I'm fifteen and have had it for the past few years, though it is growing more and more frequent. It's like a nasty cough you have to get out of your through and the only way out is through. Helpful hint: you know that roaring sort of shiver you hear in your ears when you yawn? I've found that I can replace a tic with that and feel quite satisfied. Nobody else seems to notice except that I usually close my eyes for the second and a half when I do it. I don't know if anybody else can do it voluntarily, but try it, if you can. We can do this!
-S.Jaen
I am 31 diagnosed at 13...in all my yrs I have done some very indepth research and am in constant contact with TSA head quarters...to me a "tic" is almost like OCD...u HAVE to do it & if u dnt then later when u r tryin to relax then the tics can become very violent however u can train urself...when u feel a tic commin on if u can find that 1 thing that is satisfying then eventually u will have "cured" urself...just remember that we r not alone and that together we can find a way to beat this...there is a lot of research that is currently being done...they have FINALLY starting to do testing on lab rats and soon on ppl then they will he working on finding a cure...we just need to band together and be strong...best of luck to ALL of us