Tourette Syndrome Community
Risperdal_8 yr old boy
About This Community:

This is a patient support community for discussion relating to Tourette syndryome.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Risperdal_8 yr old boy

Mt son has tourette syndrome.  3 vocal and 8 physical.  I could cate less about these issues.

Problem:  he also has intermittent explosive disorder.  The doctor prescribed Risperdal.  I've just read horrible things about it.  

What have other parents experienced with this drug?  Is there a better alternative?
He is already on mineral supplements, vitamin supplements, and fish oils..

Thank you for any "experience information."  
Tags: Risperdal
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Hmm, as a RN, and a former patient on Risperdol, I know it is different and unique to each person. In pediatrics it tends to be a completely different issue than adults, and unfortunately is one of the only drugs of its class out there safe for peds. I have heard it to generally work well in peds patients, as well as adults, me personally too sedating.
Blank
My now 9yr. old boy has been on risperdal for almost a year and is now experiencing vocal and physical tics.  I recently took him off the meds with doctor's approval and his withdrawls are more tics than before.   Hopefully after leaving his system we can start him on something else.  Was leary about risperdal in the first place and it was good for a while, but every individual is different.  It's up to you to decide, but I hoped I helped some.

Parent of 9yr. adhd child
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Tourette Syndrome Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank