Tourette Syndrome Community
Tourette Syndrome

This is a patient support community for discussion relating to Tourette syndryome.

Tourette Syndrome

my son is 4.5 years old and for the last 2 years or so on and off he takes his fist and hits the soft spot on his head. kids do all kinds of things but when i watched 20/20 and saw the child stab the food on the plate my heart dropped because my son also stabs his food the exact same way. he also likes to bang his drinking glass and the table. Because he likes to place his head next to speakers I guess I hoped the banging on items was about enjoying music. His dad is in his 50's has depression on his side of the family which of course they deny it. my son is very smart and loving but seems to run slower then most kids but yet does run.  last september my son begun to bite his nails and lips til they bleed and then he went to his toes as the wheater got colder the condition worsened and now it has improved. he is so clever that he attempted to make me believe he was having a snack (his nails)! after 20/20 and a very little bit of reading my concerns have grown.  i provide great amounts of comfort, love and play. To the point were my husband calls it hoovering. I am beging to think my parenting skills may be helping our son to deal with some ocd issues that could be part of Tourette Syndrome . please provide me with your thoughts.
PS I want to thank everyone who has allowed me to see and understand a little bit about the Tourette Syndrome. I will pray for research that will impove the lifes of those with the Tourette Syndrome.