Tourette Syndrome Community
chewing plastic
About This Community:

This is a patient support community for discussion relating to Tourette syndryome.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

chewing plastic

My TS son chews plastic. Is this harmful? I assume it is a tic, so how do I get him to stop?
Related Discussions
518117_tn?1406585660
I have a son that is now 29. Diagnosed young with Tourettes and ADHD. I do understand your concern in regards to your son chewing plastic. My son when he was young, would chew kleenex, anything wood, plastic, etc. etc. etc. I really don't have an answer for you. I just remember those years ago with my son, having to keep a very careful eye on him and what he would chew on and possibly ingest. I would suggest talking to your son's doctor about this chewing of plastic and your concern in regards to it. This chewing and sometimes eating these type things, can be a part of Tourettes. I would like to add, that now my son does not do do this chewing and eating of possible harmful items. So in time, maybe there will be light at the end of the tunnel so to speak, for you and your son. He finally outgrew a number of the problems associated with Tourettes. Wishing you the very best on this.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Tourette Syndrome Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank