Tourette Syndrome Community
childhood tic
About This Community:

This is a patient support community for discussion relating to Tourette syndryome.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

childhood tic

My 6 year old grandboy has developed tics in this past year. He has taken several different medications for his
asthma, which he has had since he was 4months old.
His tic started with head movement and lasted a week or so, only to return again in a month or two.
Now, however, he has a vocal tic. It's breathing hard, or humming...
Can you give me any new insight into this condition? His mother and I, have done lots of research and
his Dr has said more than likely he will grow out of this.
Thank you
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
1663135_tn?1310008963
Doc'd always say that I think it is there way of just passing over the issue at hand. Has your grandson had an eeg done? If not I would start there. Has he seen a neurologist? If not I would start going to one. Sometimes they can answer questions a regualr ped might not. Also has he had a cat scan. Sometimes small tics like your grandson are having can be mistaken for tics but in all actuallity could be small seizures. Is this something your doctor researched with him? If and when you get an eeg done they need to make sure that he is actually having the tics during the eeg or they wont find anything but a normal scan. Good luck and keep us posted.
Blank
Thank you so much...I will pass this information onto my daughter...
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Tourette Syndrome Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank