doctor visit
How often does your child go see the neurologist for their tourettes and what happens at the appointments?  My son's neurologist wants him to come back in 4 months.  If we go what is the doctor going to do?  For the first appointment all he did was ask questions and look at my son.  He told me that my son should have ADHD and OCD.  He asked how school was going and didn't believe me when I told him that my son was at the top of his class.  I'm so frustrated.

Our neurologist checks overall neurological functioning at every visit. She is looking for changes or decline in any functioning. She asks lots of questions about daily functioning etc. My daughter, too, is a great students and I sometimes get the surprised face. My daughter takes medication and tics are generally controlled by diet (no artificial color, flavor, preservatives etc.), but she continues to have a low level most of the time. When she eats something that affects her, she will get ADHD and OCD symptoms (mainly sensory over sensitivity). Every kid is different, but the funny looks are probably because they see so many very incapacitated kids, that it is amazing that one is functioning so well in some areas.