Tourette Syndrome Community
opinions and advice needed

This is a patient support community for discussion relating to Tourette syndryome.

opinions and advice needed

My 10 year old son have these ticks that he says embarrass him.  He blinks alot , he is a stutterer, has learning disabilities and has been diagnosed with ADHD, and he gets angry a lot.  He asked me what is wrong with him and I don't know what to tell him.  I myself have been dealing with ticks my whole life.  I can say that I'm pretty sure I have Tourettes.  I blink my eyes and twitch my nose and sniff all the time.  I also jerk my neck at times to a point to where I give myself a headache.  My other three children have some symptoms but not as severe as my son.  Do anyone know of any good reading material or on line sites for support.  I just recently called his doctor to have him seen by a psychologist to get him some behavior therapy because it is interfering with his school work I feel the school is labeling him as a problem child.  I need advice and opinions please.  Thanks
I understand exactly where you are coming from my son is 13 and was diagnosed with tourettes and ADHD. I have been batling with teachers and the school for years now. They just don't want to seem to handle any issues that arise. There is so much the school does not tell you about I did my own research and found that through the school they have partial programs for children that have behavior problems. I also just enrolled my son in a cyber charter school where he can be at home and do schooling it is through Agora Cyber Charter in Phildelphia, PA any child can enroll there is no cost they get a computer and printer.  they must be on 5 hours a day anytimes. the parents need to log in the hours.I always knew that my son would have issues with other childeren . some children today can be very cruel especially in high school. Just something to think about. I also started taking my son to a pediatric neurologist who specializes in Tourettes.