Tourette Syndrome Community
pls help my boy

This is a patient support community for discussion relating to Tourette syndryome.

pls help my boy

what are Tourettes?my son has been having ticks but am afraid if they are a form of other problems.
what kind of ticks are they my sister in law has had ticks for 5 years and was just told its tourettes what does he do when the ticks happen
Hi, I had Tourettes as a child.  Almost always Tourettes develops between the childhood to teenage years.  I was around 11 or 12 when I developed it.  The good thing is most people outgrow the syndrome.  I blinked my eyes with out control.  I wasn't even aware of the fact that I was doing it and family and friends would have to point it out to me.  I finally became aware of the blinking and would make efforts to not blink them..the desire to blink  them was almost reisistable.  Eventually it went away, about a year.  I still from time to time stop and think, am I blinking my eyes and I am 57 yrs. old!  I do however as an adult have twitches under my eye when I am extremely upset and going thru an emotional time and sometimes for no reason.  The twitches can last for a week to  two weeks.

I read an article that Tourettes can be a forerunner to Bipolar and I am Bipolar.  I will post a question to see if anyone knows.  Since I had Tourettes at a young age I am sure there has been alot of advancement to treating.  I would consult your physician.  Perhaps there is a medication to help.  I know it is  hard to have Tourettes and be in school because kids can be so cruel...I would definitely look into a treatment.  Thanks, Hey Jude