Transplants Community
Bilateral TKR dislocations when SITTING!!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to transplants, anti-rejection drugs, financial and insurance issues, long-term issues, organ rejection, pre- and post-surgery, and waiting list issues.

I had a Bi-Lateral TKR done on 4-6-12 at the Hospital for Special Surgery in NYC.

For my first mo, all was well, I had incredible motion (0 & 130)then something changed.

My right knee started popping out when sitting & moving my leg. If I was at a table & my leg touched the legs, it would dislocate. Bar stool, if it hangs down it dislocates. BUT I can straighten my leg & the knee pops back into place. It sounds like a thick piece of dry kindling breaking or cracking as it pops back in. I have no pain & it functions normal in every other way.

2 weeks ago my left knee started dislocating but this one is different & very bad. I tried to push back from a chair with my left leg & it jumped the post. Twice in the last 2 weeks I have been in the ER then the local OR to put under & have my leg "pulled" back into place. Both times I had to go to the hospital in an ambulance since I cannot walk or really move when the left knee dislocates. And the pain on the left side is horrific.
I walk 2-3 miles a day & have no problem walking. When walking the knees are great. The problems only start when sitting.

My Doctor (Dr. Bryan Nestor of HSS) has scheduled surgery for 7-23-12 to add the spacers. There is no assurance that this operation will fix the dislocation problem either. I am scared to DEATH!!

Is there anyone out there that is familiar with this kind of dislocation & had any success with getting it straightened out? Please feel free to email me at: ***@**** or call me at 732 664 0831 Angelo