Transplants Community
Cataract Surgery

This patient support community is for discussions relating to transplants, anti-rejection drugs, financial and insurance issues, long-term issues, organ rejection, pre- and post-surgery, and waiting list issues.

Cataract Surgery

My Dad had an cataract surgery on one of his eye. After the surgery doctor said that while removing original lens it had slipped and fell behind the eye and the new lens has been placed in position. He then refered to the another doctor for the check up of fallen lens. Now the other doctor will perform surgery to remove the fallen lens. Right now my Dad can see the floating objects through that eye. It is 24 hours since the first cataract surgery is performed.

Second surgery will be performed on Monday. Can that fallen lens be removed ? will it restor his eye sight like befour ? what are the percentage of this kind of case happning ?