Transplants Community
Did we get the right meds?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to transplants, anti-rejection drugs, financial and insurance issues, long-term issues, organ rejection, pre- and post-surgery, and waiting list issues.

Did we get the right meds?

Every time my husband either gets one of his prescriptions refilled or he gets a new one, I always check it out on the web to make he gets what he’s supposed to.  His doctor recently lowered his Mycophenolate Mofetil (Cellcept) from 500mg tablets to 250mg capsules.  Based on the images I’ve seen, the colors of the capsules are very similar if not identical to the 250mg Apotex capsules.  However, on the ones he got the only imprint is that on each half of the capsule there is one thick line and one thin line.  I can’t find this particular imprint on any Cellcept capsule to verify what he actually got.  Can you tell me if he got the correct medication?