Transplants Community
Elevated Liver Enzymes

This patient support community is for discussions relating to transplants, anti-rejection drugs, financial and insurance issues, long-term issues, organ rejection, pre- and post-surgery, and waiting list issues.

Elevated Liver Enzymes

Im 39 yrs old and Im donating one of my kidneys to my brother but after bloodwork came back, my liver enzymes were slightly elevated. I am on Hydocodon 7.5 and bacflen muscle relaxers, I was wondering if they could be the cause of the elevation and should I discontinue use til after further testing?
Avatar dr f tn
Hi there!
The acetaminophen in hydrocodone if not taken in the recommended dosage may cause damage to the liver .Its consistent use may be hepatotoxic. Baclofen can also cause elevation of liver enzymes but permanent damage is rare. For what illness have you been taking these medicines? You should consult your doctor before discontinuing any medication. Other causes of elevated enzymes are alcohol intake, viral hepatitis. Get yourself screened to know the cause of this elevated liver enzymes. I sincerely hope it helps.
Take care!