Eye Transplant
I am  blind in my right eye due to an injury when I was 7. Now, I am having problems with my left. I have one floater, may have another one but smaller in size. My vision is not gone but have seen changes. My mother has asked me to inquire about an eye transplant for the left eye. What are the qualifications and would I be a candidate for this type of surgery?
Hi!
You can benefit from an eye transplant only if your lens or cornea are the cause of poor eye sight. If lens has become opaque, an artificial lens can be put in. If cornea is damaged then this can be transplanted from a donor.
Floaters in the eye can be a sign of retinal detachment, shrinkage of the vitreous humour (gel like substance in the eye), ophthalmic migraine, macular edema, debris in tear film, allergies, a blow or fall on the head or due to some inflammation. Floaters can also be chronic eye static due to the electrical activity inside our eye. This produces an image of the vitreous and retina, sometimes white spots against black or vice versa and sometimes red hues too. This is normal. Rarely this is due to inflammation. Most floaters never completely disappear. There is no medicine or eye drop that can really cure this. Please consult an eye specialist for this. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.