Transplants Community
Flawed lens

This patient support community is for discussions relating to transplants, anti-rejection drugs, financial and insurance issues, long-term issues, organ rejection, pre- and post-surgery, and waiting list issues.

Flawed lens

What recourse does one have when it has been determined that a restor lens implant has a zizzaz blemish and is right in the middle of my cornea.  I made several repeat visits due to what I described as something there or floaters were obstructing my view.  I was treated for dry eye, and later had the YAG laser treatment done.  I believe it was at that visit the "blemish" was discovered.  Everyone is very sorry....I have been told a second surgery could be done, but a greater risk due to replacement implant and the fact the YAG was done.  I was also told that in their practice this has never occured before.  I am very disappointed and sorry too.  But someone needs to take responsibility.  I have requested a letter/narrative be sent to their rep, and manufacturer.  They said that probably nothing will be done because when the lens packet is opened it is handled by a scrub nurse and the surgeon.  But a couple of comments before that it was stated that the surgeon could not have done the damage.  So where does that leave me?  Take the risk of a second surgery or live with the spot in by vision.  My other eye that was done one month earlier is perfect and I have perfect vision, so it is compensating.  What would you do?