Heart Transplant Candidate?
Hi, I'm a 32 yr old Mom of 2 ages 4 and 7.. I have recently been diagnosed with CHF. My EF is 10% and I have no valve or artery damage.  I'm told it is idiopathic cardiomyopathy. I was also told that my kidney function was good, liver enzymes were slightly elevated due to BNP levels being 5600. I was sent home with a life vest because I had a run of v tach and a EF of 10%. What should I expect and prepare for as far as medical treatment?  Jewels
The main goals of treating cardiomyopathy are to manage any conditions that cause or contribute to the disease; control signs and symptoms so that you can live as normally as possible; stop the disease from getting worse; and reduce complications and the chance of sudden cardiac arrest.
Treatment depends on the type of cardiomyopathy, how severe the symptoms and complications are, and the age and overall health of patient.Treatments may include lifestyle changes, medicines, surgery, implanted devices to correct arrhythmias, and a nonsurgical procedure.  
Healthy diet and physical activity as well as avoiding the use of alcohol, getting enough sleep and rest,  reducing stress and treating underlying conditions, such as diabetes and high blood pressure are important. These treatments can control symptoms, reduce complications, and stop the disease from getting worse. Regular follow-up with your attending physician is highly recommended. Take care and warm regards.