Transplants Community
Kidney donor and mono
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to transplants, anti-rejection drugs, financial and insurance issues, long-term issues, organ rejection, pre- and post-surgery, and waiting list issues.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Kidney donor and mono

I'm in end stage renal failure and my daughter wants to be my donor.  She has had mono and cervical cancer several years ago.  would this be a determining factor for non-transplant?
Hi there,
There are certain prerequisites to be followed before a person can be considered eligible to donate kidneys. A person with a history of prior or current kidney disease, human immunodeficiency virus or cancer cannot be a donor. The donor should not be significantly overweight or have a history of alcohol abuse. A person suffering from high blood pressure, diabetes, mental illness or heart disease cannot donate kidneys. Someone suffering from serious infectious disease cannot donate kidneys. Your daughter was suffering from mono and cervical cancer years ago to which as you said she has been cured. So you may discuss with the transplant doctor about the chances of her being a potential donor for you. Do keep us posted.
Take care and regards!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Transplants Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank