Transplants Community
Liver

This patient support community is for discussions relating to transplants, anti-rejection drugs, financial and insurance issues, long-term issues, organ rejection, pre- and post-surgery, and waiting list issues.

Liver

my daughter has end stage liver disease she was just put on 50 mg patch of morphine plus wha can have 20 mg by mouth every 3 hours does this seem normal. She has a lot of pain but i worry about her od'ing? She also can not remember what she did yesterday is tha normal?
I think you should post this in the Hepatitis C forum.  That forum seems to be extremely active with very knowledgeble people.
I take it your daughter is not on the transplant list? Also, when the liver deteriorates to end stage, ammonia builds up on the brain & causes many memory and other problems, have heard of hallucinations from others.
I just recently had problems with high ammonia  buildup. I had to go to the ER the day after Xmas. I had stopped taking my Lactulose prescription - it keeps the colon cleaned out and the drug Xifaxan gets rid of the bacteria that originates in the colon and causes the ammonia buildup. Brain fog from the ammonia can cause you to do all sorts of things and not know what you're doing.
If she gets on the medications your daughter won't have this problem.
God Bless. I hope 2012 will be a better year for all of us.
I AM TAKING MORPHINE FOR END STAGE LIVER DISEASE ALSO.  I HAVE NOTICED ,AT TIMES, I DONT REMEMBER THINGS I DID OR SAID .IT IS VERY FRUSTRATING BUT IS WORTH THE SHORT TERM MEMORY LOSS TO GET THE COMFORT I NEED FROM THE MORPHINE. GOD BLESS YOU
My daughter had a transplant but much to my dismay it failed she went through hell and back and i hope no one else ever has to watch this. My daughter passed away on Jan 18, 2012. I can only say she is out of pain now. But my heart is broken  
God Bless you also i will pray for you it is too late for my daughter as she passed away on Jan 18, 2012. I hop you get a transplant or whatever you need to help you
thank you for your reply, however my daughter passed away on Jan 18, 2012 she had a transplant but it  did not work, i only hope things like this will end some day it was a terrible terrible death