Liver transplant and hepatitis C in methadone maintenance therapy: a case report
I thought this was a good read . I am considering using Methadone for long term pain relief and the new studies that say it is not that harmfull to the liver  even after TP as first thought. I would also address the question posted earlier on pot and liver tp. Maybe they should think it through again.
Any comments on methadone and the liver or anyone ever used it for pain relief?
I aquired the above info. at this site for anyone interested

http://www.substanceabusepolicy.com/content/2/1/5
D

Thanks kande,
I know it is hard to find pain relief especially after what you and so many of us have and are going through. For me it is  a long term thing and they can dose in such small quantities and long term is what caught my eyes.
I am seeing my Doc tom. and an anesthesiologist next week to talk with them about this subject. As you know  everyone has diff. pain levels. For me its been decades of it and it can wear you down if left unattended.28 times i went from the top meds all the way down to advil and off after surgery over and over again with big gaps in between with no meds and dealing with pain to save the liver. Hard to explain but after awhile you can be very distracted from it, so my quest goes on to find a medicine that wont harm the liver or other organs to much.I will report my findings later Catch ya on the flip flop
D
A man was transplanted a week before I was in June 2000. He was using methadone for his previous heroin addiction. He was genotype 2 and achieved SVR about 1.5 years after transplantation. He was doing well when I last spoke with him in 2005.
Mike
I was taking methadone 10mg a day divided by 4. After the transplant the Dr.s did not want me on it so i am noe taking roxcodone hcl 3 to 4 x a day.It dosn't make sense to me. They originally wanted me on percocet but it did not touch my lower back pain.Plus i have multiple kidney stones.7 weeks post transplant.