Low Platelet Count
I have been on dialysis for 8 years now, and was just removed from the donors list because i have an issue with my platelet count. Is there any way for me to raise my  platelets? I have tried eating lots of beets and also beef liver which t understand helps raise the count but it only did so for a couple of days then stopped working. Is there any other way to raise my count without it dropping again?
I understand your concern regarding the low platelet counts. There are many factors that can cause a low platelet count. This includes   problem with the body's bone marrow where in it  doesn't make enough platelets as well as the body destroying them. The spleen may also play a role wherein it  holds on to too many platelets.  The treatment depends on a variety of factors. o prevent the platelet levels to go down,  it is best that you have this checked by your doctor for proper management.  Additional diagnostic tests may need to be done. Take care and do keep us posted.