Transplants Community
Overdose

This patient support community is for discussions relating to transplants, anti-rejection drugs, financial and insurance issues, long-term issues, organ rejection, pre- and post-surgery, and waiting list issues.

Overdose

I've taken 90 paracetamol.  Should I get a liver transplant?
Well, how is your liver doing?
Mike
?
If you took the drug in an attempt to end your life, you would probably be turned down for any kind of transplant. You have to have a solid mindset in order to be considered because to the things you will have to face after transplantation.
Hi I want to talk to you privately because I have been in the same boat as you and if you have decided to try and end ur life then u proberly will get a liver transplant I have known friends who have had these in the past  because they tryed to end there life it dosnt matter if ur in a good mind set or not the staff at the hospital will try and save everyone's life, but seriously if u have take that many paracetemol then please ring 999 and tell them or tell ur family or your closest friend please id hate to see u hurt I have been in the same boat my self and its not nice trust me Ive been sectioned under mental health because I took that many before after my sister went.
Sorry to say, but when a person goes through the transplant process they are evaluated both physically AND mentally. If you are suicidal, most transplant teams will not just hand you a transplanted organ. The mental stress you go through can be massive and you ARE evaluated for your ability to handle that stress. People who try to end their life aren't exactly top of the list material; they don't care enough about their life to begin with so going through the stress of a transplant surgery alone can do them in. They may never leave the operating room alive. Transplants are just too hard to get forthose who WANT to live; why waste organs on those who do not want to live in the first place. These words may seem harsh, but they are the reality of the situation. You yourself, obviously have not had to deal with a transplant team; if you had, you would know this fact.