Aa
A
A
Close
17194311 tn?1454467982
Post-Transplant Pain after Liver Transplant
I'm 6 months post liver transplant and am doing great for the most part.  Life has really changed for the better due to this precious gift of life.  I am however experiencing sharp pains at different points along the scar line from my surgery.  They did a Mercedes cut on me for my transplant.  I'm sure this is normal to the healing process but how are you dealing with this when it happens and do you have any suggestions?  It just started in the last week or so.  I'll be sitting there and all of a sudden it's like a knife goes in and about takes my breath away then it eases off in 10-12 seconds.  Thanks.

Mark
PSC Liver Disease 2011 / Liver Transplant 7-2015
Cancel
2 Answers
Page 1 of 1
163305 tn?1333672171
You really should ask your transplant team. I didn't experience this pain you describe. I did treat the scar with vitamin E oil, but what you describe sounds interior. There is a possibility it has to do with your muscles that were cut and are healing. Contact your team, that's what they're there for.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
29837 tn?1414538248
In my case, after the transplant I gained 42 lbs. of fluid. I looked pregnant and I'm a man. As for the pain, I really didn't experience it. This Dec. 2nd will be my 3 year post transplant. I feel absolutely normal and strong. I would advise to ask the doctor about your pain. If it's in the scars, then maybe you take longer to heal. Everyone is different. Good luck and enjoy your second chance in life and do what you want now, don't wait. Tick tock tick tock,,,

Magnum
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Comprehensive info on 720K doctors.
Complete reviews, ratings & more.
Transplants Community Resources