Transplants Community
Uterus Transplant List

This patient support community is for discussions relating to transplants, anti-rejection drugs, financial and insurance issues, long-term issues, organ rejection, pre- and post-surgery, and waiting list issues.

Uterus Transplant List

Does anyone know how to get on this waiting list?  
I think this is still in the experimental stage.

The best thing would be to talk with your doctor

This is not a life saving TP , another words , women
can live without it.  

That being said , your doctor should know, I know they
have done some however, with TP there are risks involved

If you want one for a baby, I can fully understand.
Good luck andall my best
Elaine
I'm serious when I say: consider adopting if you can't have children. Transplantation drugs have severe side affects including allowing cancers to become a way of life. Taking them must done on a VERY STRICT schedule! For the heart, for instance, miss 2 doses, you are in the hospital/ER with IVs running. A transplant should really only be reserved for those who are dying without one. It only extends life and is never considered a 'cure'. A uterine transplant is not given to save a life. That's simply the reality of it. A transplant and it's accompaning complications are a far cry from a walk in the park.
You asked how does one get on the waiting list.....First your OB/GYN would evaluate you for the transplant then he would send you to be evaluated by a transplant team which consists of doctors, nurses, social workers, sometimes clergy. You would meet with all of these people and they would decide at some point whether or not you would be able to deal with having the transplant. Usually there is a set day of the month when all of the transplant candidates are reviewed and they call you after that discussion and let you know if they have accepted you. From there it becomes a waiting game. Being first on the list does not mean that you receive the first organ; the more perfectly matched you are to a donor plays a major role. Blood type, tissue type, body size also play a role. Hope this answers your question.
The latest on Uterine transplantation was reported in the March's 2011, issue of the Journal of Minimally Invasive Gynecology. A sheep carried the pregnancy to 105 days and delivered a fully developed lamb from the transplanted uterus that was delivered via C Section,Pioneer: Edwin Ramirez M.D of St Johns Hospital, Oxnard, Ca, his father Hugo A RamirezM.D. sister Doris K.Ramirez Nessetti M.D. her husband Matt Nessetti of Lincoln, Nebraska and Dr. Masood Khatamee  of New York.
I would have no problem being a guinea pig for a uterine transplant I recently had to have a hysterectomy because of endometirosis, and I am devistaed that I cannot have anymore childern, If you know of any trials to add to the possible sucess of one I would gladly volenteer, just point me in the right direction please.
I'd like to donate my uterus, but haven't found any information on who to contact to sign up.
I was wondering if anyone knew how to get on the list for a uterus. I had to have a full hystorectomy in 2008 due to sever fibroid tumors. I have two wonderful boys already, but I would love to have another baby.
I have two beatiful children I was young and thought I was in love with their father. After trying to work things out for 11 years I come to realize we just was not meant to b together. I have now found an amazing man that accepts myself flaws and all and my children. I had to have a partial hysterecomy due to medical reasons. My soon to b husband and I would love to have one child together I think this is a huge blessing to those who not by choice can not have children or nemore children. Adaption is great, but the miracle and blessing to carry and share a child with a loved one is priceless!
My name i Arlene please email me at ***@****
I would love to be a guinea pig for this. I had to have my uterus removed bc i had cervical cancer and doctors said my uterus had prolapsed. I am now with a new husband and he would love to have kids. I am healthy and I am 26 and would love to have a baby. My last baby died shortly after birth bc of being premature. Please put me on the list. You can email me at ***@****
I need information about being on the uterus transplant waiting litst.