Transplants Community
What should I do?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to transplants, anti-rejection drugs, financial and insurance issues, long-term issues, organ rejection, pre- and post-surgery, and waiting list issues.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

What should I do?

My father has done Liver Transplant one month ago. Now he is discharged from hospital and visiting follow up to hepatologists. He takes 3.5 mg prograf two times, 750mg cellceft two times and 15mg (now) prednisolone one time daily. But his tacrolimus level become lower and lower (from 6.8--5.8--3.9--3.4--2.4 now) .His all liver enzymes such as ALT,AST,gamma GT,  and serum postassium,creatinine are within normal range,his USG-Droppler and CXY are all normal.He suffers nothing except insomia. I know 3.5mg prograf bd is highest for patient. What should I do?
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
It seems to me you are doing everything you can to be educated about your father's condition. That is the most important thing you can do. Then you can speak to his doctors and ask the right questions and hopefully get the answers you need.
I wish you and your Dad the best.
Nan
Blank
163305_tn?1333672171
Nan is correct. What you do is ask his doctor why his tacro levels are going lower.
Blank
464076_tn?1371541017
After my liver transplant in 2008, I was taking all those medicines. The prednisolone (steroid) was affective but bad side effects (weight gain, drug induced diabetes. He can get off that medication after a year or so.  He will need to take his Prograf (tacrolimus) strictly on time when prescribed.  The liver enzymes, creatine and other markers should be within bounds if he got a new liver.  But the virus Hep-C is still in his body.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Transplants Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank