Transplants Community
Where to go for P.A.D.?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to transplants, anti-rejection drugs, financial and insurance issues, long-term issues, organ rejection, pre- and post-surgery, and waiting list issues.

Where to go for P.A.D.?

My father has severe P.A.D. He has had veins removed from both legs, for heart bypass surgery twice, and his heart is good. He has had "Fem Fem" surgery 2 years ago, and they have recently[1 month] operated in Pittsburg and took out 5 inches of cholesterol and opened a stint in his right leg and have gotten good blood flow back in his left leg. But there are several more blockages in his right leg. The pain has increased considerably in the right leg, and they have said they can't use the "COOL" lazer surgery on him. He never smoked or drank, but has a constant cholesterol problem. He has always worked hard and gets plenty of exercise but doesn't eat healthy. He's 82 and has had many strokes. The pain has become unbearable and he can barely walk, and there is only minimal blood flow in his right leg. I'm afraid this is going to cause a stroke and we'll lose him. Are there any hospitals or doctors that may know more about P.A.D.? Desperate...      Cindy