Transplants Community
cataract surgery
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to transplants, anti-rejection drugs, financial and insurance issues, long-term issues, organ rejection, pre- and post-surgery, and waiting list issues.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

cataract surgery

I have very early stage of Fuch's and one wk. ago I had cataract surgery on one eye.  Results were great and I had 20/15 vision the next day.  Six days later I experienced what felt like two floaters that affected my vision and caused everything to go blurry in that eye. The best way to describe it is that it looks like I've looked in a bright light. I had the Dr.'s office and they said they don't see anything and said to give it some time.  Two days now and not let up.  Has anyone else experienced this or have any ideas?  I don't understand how I can go from great vision to this in a wk.
Hi there!
Most of the times the floaters are present before the surgery but the patient becomes aware of them after surgery when the vision is clear. Floaters are common phenomena after cataract surgeries and they usually disappear on their own. But they can also represent a tear or a hole in the retina which if left untreated can cause retinal detachment. It is very important that you see your eye surgeon again as soon as possible. If there is no retinal tear the floaters will diminish with time. I hope it helps.
Take care!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Transplants Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank