Transplants Community
eye transplant

This patient support community is for discussions relating to transplants, anti-rejection drugs, financial and insurance issues, long-term issues, organ rejection, pre- and post-surgery, and waiting list issues.

eye transplant

my 5 years old baby has lost her left eye at last year due to some infections. Is eye transplant is possible? if yes then please tell me how is possible now?
Hi!
Well, whole eye cannot be transplanted. If the damage is only to the cornea, then if a suitable donor is available at the eye bank, this can be transplanted. Another part which can be replaced is the lens. Other than this, if there is damage to the retina or to the optic nerve, then transplant is not possible. Your eye specialist can help you out with this. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.