flu vaccine for post liver transplan?
hi to everybody! I just want to ask if anyone here who had liver transplant and get flu shots? my husband was the one who had transplant 7yrs ago, and get very sensitive to flu virus, when someone has flu in the house he easily got sick and it always take long time for him to recover, having hard and dry cough that sometimes take months or more. I think he could better get flu shoots, but i dnt know if it is ok for transplant patient like him.

thanks and best regards
marso
Although I never get flu shots and haven't had the flu in years ( I'm 5 years post tp) my understanding is that it's okay to get vaccines as long as they aren't live vaccinations.

My husband got a flu and pnuemonia shot pre-transplant. Post transplant - there was a mixed opinion among his health professionals about it so he did not get it.  He did get it this past season.  No related problems noted.
I was transplanted in June 2000 and get flu shots yearly. I've never had a problem in 14 years
I'm 5yrs out from transplant. Our doctors recommend flu shots. They also recommend that you or no one living with you get the live virus vaccine. I would ask your doctor.
My son had a kidney transplant and is required to have a flu shot every year (as are the rest of the household).  NEVER flu mist, since it's a live vaccine.  He is able to have any vaccine needed as long as it's not a live vaccine.