Transplants Community
is it safe to drink beer after liver transplant

This patient support community is for discussions relating to transplants, anti-rejection drugs, financial and insurance issues, long-term issues, organ rejection, pre- and post-surgery, and waiting list issues.

I had hepatitis B induced liver cirrohsis and had it transplanted a year back. Every thing is normal after the operation. My question is - is it dangerous to take a glass of beer once in a while? (no stereo type answer please)
You ask if it would be dangerous to take a glass of beer once in a while.
I would say that question can best be answered by your doctor and not by anyone on this forum. That said, I would advise you to consider how any alcohol you drink might affect the immunosuppressant drugs you are taking to prevent rejection.  I would think that in itself would make drinking any alcohol not worth the risk of possible rejection.

Following my husband's timely transplant he asked his  team how he could ever thank them for saving his life. The surgeon responded "you can thank us by taking good care of your new liver".  

I think that response applies to all who have been blessed with this second chance at life.

I wish you well.